Home
Antique Handguns
Antique Long Arms
Bargains & Projects
Loading Tools & Accessories
Militaria
Miscellaneous Antiques
Civil War Guns and Collectibles
Photographs & Vintage Memorabilia

Email
Ordering Policies

Full Inventory Index
Links
 
 

 

 

Marlin 1893 Takedown Rifle

Marlin Model 1893 Rifle in Caliber 30-30 with special order takedown frame.  Standard 26" octagon barrel is marked "SPECIAL SMOKELESS STEEL"...     with full magazine, and crescent rifle buttplate.  Antique Serial Number is in the 166,000 range.  Mfd in 1898.  Sights consist of a standard semi-buckhorn Marlin rear sight with a Marbles No. 5 Front sight.  Barrel address has all 3 correct patent dates which include the 1887, 1889, and 1893 dates.  Upper tang marked "MODEL 1893" and top of frame marked " MARLIN SAFETY". 

Overall condition is NRA Antique Fine with 90% original blue on the barrel and magazine tube, 75% on forend cap.  The frame has mostly silvered out with some faded and mottled case colors remaining...about 25%.  The hammer has 40% thin colors while the lever is around 30%  Nice fire blue on the loading port and several of the screws.  The wood has 75% original varnish remaining.  No chips, cracks, or repairs.  Nice wood to metal fit.  The takedown works just like it should and still locks the barrel and tube tightly to the frame.  There are a few dings around the bottom of the frame where the takedown lever has been tapped on...this is very common on Marlin takedowns as the barrel and action are held tight by a friction/wedge.  This idea works quite well as most Marlins with this feature are still tight after 100+ years...but it does require a little force to get loose.  The bore is in Very Good condition with nice lands and grooves...not dark with no signs of an serious pitting, rings, or bulges.  Since its a takedown, we can inspect the bore from both ends and can say with confidence, the bore is pretty nice from start to finish.  Nice example of an Antique Marlin takedown rifle.

Item# 1086

SOLD

 
 
       

 

Antique Arms, Inc. | P.O. Box 2313 | Loganville, Georgia 30052-1947 | 770-466-1662 (W)